View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #9
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Also, good use of GIFs, keep it up.
thanks, i hope it enhanced your quality of life today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
First thing, walk in and nut the receptionist.
The gym sounds great though, good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Awesome man! Sounds to me like they're giving you a chance and that is all u can ask for. Good luck.
thanks guys. yeah, that's my feeling. i'll just do my best and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Well, if you believe in the system they're using, then go for it! There's nothing better for improving in a certain area than working with people who are ahead of you.
they seem legit, and they have some sort of authorization directly from Louie Simmons (he had to come out to spend time with the gym to see how it's run) to call it a "Westside" gym. apparently a lot of athletes train there, and there are also lots of hot powerlifting/figure competition chicks there hah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspers04 View Post
Im going against the grain to say I like the receptionists approach. If you let a phone call get under your skin you probably wouldn't thrive in the environment (that particular gyms environment). I hope that you smash your try out and kick some PR ass in the new facility. Congrats and Good Luck Buddy!
yeah, he wasn't very kind, but i'm too old to notice stuff like that lol. they can razz me all they want as long as i get access to that awesome gym.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
It's their gym but after you play the game for a month or two, they may let you do more of your own thing....
that's a good way of looking at it.

Quote:
So, they run Westside "by the book" without variations?

I can't imagine they have only one strongman routine, etc...

If you can join short term, give it a try....you'll learn something!
well the trainer didn't spill the beans on everything, but the girl's routine looked to be pretty standard Westside. as far as i could tell, this was her w/o today:

dynamic effort squats (they always squat to a low box, which i dislike immensely. i like my hamstrings-to-glutes form): 10 x 2 x 55% 1-RM (115 + orange bands [80 lbs. resistance])

deadlift (with bands on some weird multi-purpose machine): ? x 4-5 x 100 + 1 orange band

GHM

wide-step sled work (she had 2-35-lb. plates on it)

She is 5 weeks out from a meet in Ohio. Another girl from the gym competed at RUM. The trainer guy who I talked said he went from skinny to squatting 700 (with briefs + belt) over the years while at this gym.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote