Old 03-09-2013, 07:37 PM   #1258
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Crushed! Payoff day.
Yeap not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Good weight you put on that bar,congrats!
Cheers ED.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Very strong work. Bench is especially impressive. Great progress.
Thanks Al. Ye bench is going well; ditching the wider grip, smashing overhead, ditching the overload stuff and avoiding grinding lifts with poor form along with reps is working wonders, obviously ha. And getting generally bigger.

Forgot to mention first weigh in in weeks this morning, 105.8kg, not too bad.

Thinking about next few weeks, might switch to 3 days a week, something like:
Mon - Squat/Bench/Dead
Tue - Rest/Abs
Wed - Squat/Press/Upper back & pump work
Thu - Rest/Abs
Fri - Dead/Bench/Squat
Heavy lower Monday and Friday, maybe alternate weekly between 2 bench/1 press and 2 press/1 bench. Maybe just push the upper back & pump to Saturday and add an extra press, been enjoying pressing/benching 4 days a week. A little variation but not much, probably fronts on Weds to keep it lighter.

I was going to return to reps and forget the top end stuff but my plan right now is to work up to a top set, probably a single but maybe up to a triple, and then back off work with higher reps. Only for one exercise each day though, nothing like today with form break down but confidence and technique building.

Sure it will evolve but something like this. Whilst I'm home for easter I'll likely have a couple weeks of 6 days with access to garage.

Random thoughts.