View Single Post
Old 03-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefboy1980 View Post
I'm happy with the programme & it's not failing in fact quite the opposite, whilst cutting i'm still getting stronger. My issue really is my muscles just aren't recovering as quickly as they would be if i was on a calorie surplus.
sorry, but that doesn't make sense. how are you getting stronger but not recovering? i posted 2 videos, not 1. you should watch the 2nd one. also, i posted a link to BBoD's thread...i will say that i don't see how you think conditioning will help you make more gains when you're not eating enough food. how is more exercise the answer to the fact that you're not eating enough food? lol...

Quote:
I'm thinking i would be better only training twice a week & doing some conditioning / cardio in between the workouts to give my muscles more time to recover.
Once i've finished with the cut i'll be going back to doing the SL 5x5 3 times a week
i dunno, man. it's up to you; you need to do what feels right to you. but when you talk about messing with a written program, it sounds like a bad idea. once again, i urge you to watch both videos and speak with BBoD directly. unless i'm missing something, it sounds like you're getting your goals crossed up and program hopping. again i ask, are you sure you should even be cutting? we don't know anything about your stats, diet, etc.

Last edited by SecondsOut; 03-09-2013 at 09:58 AM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote