Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #74
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corcioch View Post
Im wondering if you can help me with a problem I had, have . . .

I'll do my best.

Quote:
I am a naturla lifter . . .I am currently in a caloric deficit loosing fat. . . . . . this is after several months "bulking" where to my mind all I did was get fat. I was up to 25% bodyfat or so . . . .I was training some ridiculous body part split, lots of isolation exercises, training a body part once every 7 or 8 days etc . . .
Muscle building has to be set up to build over 2-3-4 years. If you were gaining weight too rapidly you need to pull the calories back.

How many calories per day are you eating right now?

I would pull that up slowly by 200 calories every 2-3 weeks until you start gaining about 1.5 per month. This will only work if you do everything you can to get as strong as possible. Without this your bulk will just be fat gain.

For year 2 focus on about a pound gain per month.

This will yield about a 30 pound gain over 2 year, a high percentage of it muscle.

Ignore weight gain the first several weeks while adding calories. Most of this is water gain from adding extra carbs, etc.

Bulk slow and steady. remember it may take 2 months to dial things in.

Quote:
1g Protein per lb, say 70g fat per day and the rest carbs??
Aim for 180-220 grams of protein per day, at least 25% fat, and the rest carbs.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote