Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
Static stretching, foam rolling, warmup cardio like rowing/treadmills (etc.), cold baths/showers, using ice...
yes with the exception of pre-work out static stretching.

Static stretching "weakens" a muscle temporarily...not a good idea before strength training....more dynamic warm ups are better.

Save static stretching for off-days or before bed, etc.

Quote:
One of the reasons I ask is that I've managed to tweak (hopefully not injure) what is probably a hip flexor, and I don't do any of those things. I've been squatting since I began this journey, and have done more weight than the set that this happened in, I warmup up (with lighter squat sets) like I always do, was trying to be aware of form (as always)... so it was a bit strange that is suddenly happened, last week.
Yeah, I herniated 2 discs using a less than maximum weight... bad form and tight hips...bad combo!

Quote:
But could it still be a lack of prehab work, and yeah, while I'm asking, the main question is, should every lifter (or particular lifters?) do any of those things? Is it just a good idea in general?
The pre-hab and recovery stuff is important and will become more iimportant as you age.