BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default Cycle 10 Week 3 Butter Melter

Thanks to everyone who posted in my log. First and foremost you guys are awesome and make me feel like a part of a community.

I haven't posted in about 2 weeks. I haven't missed a workout. I moved into a new house and haven't had internet at home, so that's kept me away from logging in the evenings.

Training has been, well, difficult. On this last cycle, I have missed reps on my top set every workout for my squat, bench, and overhead pressing. I did not deadlift this cycle due to a back injury and my Power clean, which i just started doing a cycle or 2 ago is progressing right along. I contribute a lot of the struggle to my weight loss and the associated weight loss diet.
And as far as the weight loss is concerned, I've stalled out. But Brute and BtB shared that stalling out is normal.
So that's the long end of the short. I am not going to "back post" the sessions I missed and accompanied videos. You aren't missing much, they are mostly fail videos.

The Butter Melter, Boy howdy!:

Squat
45x10,135x8 225x16 (Goal x20)

Front Squat
115x8,120x8, 135x8

GM
20x100

KK rows
140x15,15,12

Overall Workout Grade: B

Notes:
I attempted a 20 rep squat at 225. This was to participate in the 225 squat rep challenge. I only made it to 16. Last week I tried and only got 14, so I progressed. I'm a little disappointed though, i really thought I had 20 in me. It's easy to give up though when that bar is on your back and you are struggling for breath.

Front Squat felt solid.

Added 20lbs to the Good mornings. If you don't remember I am doing them high rep a la Bill Starr in an effort to rehab my lower back. Made a full 100 with 20lbs. I was pleased by that.

Finished with the Kirk Karwoski rows. Swolled up dem der trapzors.

I'll get a video of the squats up soon.

***edit***
Added Video:

Weak...

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 03-06-2013 at 12:37 AM.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote