Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 09:40 AM   #48
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtran333 View Post
watched your video on deadlift but I just need some clarification, on the deadlift I round my shoulder and do I kink or tighten my lower back the whole time for the lift or do I just let my lower back be relaxed

thank you for answering all are questions, you are so appreciated
do you offer online training ?
No David, we help folks here for free.

You don't tighten/flatten your upper back. That increases the range of motion. You stand as upright as you can, and this may involve a degree of shoulder rounding. If you notice in the pic below, his lower back is flat and tight while his upper back and shoulders are rounded. Don't force this Let it happen naturally.

Attached Images

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote