13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin1968 View Post
Damn Rich, sorry to hear this. Take it easy, and let that sucker heal up.

In the meantime, I will be looking up zottman curls.
Thanks Vinnie!! Zottman's are kinda cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Yep, never happy about a miss, especially at the time, but maybe it's time for some adjustments. Have you used the woody's yet? maybe adjust the percentages for shoulders. It seems like alot to go from a triple @175 to 195 for singles. 20 lbs is alot on OHP. I would also not be afraid to make instinctive calls to adjust the last set if the next to last set had a grinder in it. Sometimes the body just doesn't want to go according to plan, but if we work with it we are still making progress. I think that is the biggest flaw in programs with prescribed numbers, like 531, in that most of us forget to consider making audible changes on the fly. Heck, I don't think I ever once did that while on 531, and I should have.

Who knows, maybe next week your body will give you that 195 and it might even feel easy-ish!
Thanks Jim! Yeah I'm normally not afraid to call an audible if I'm not feeling it, but I was hell bent on getting that BW press last night. The thought even crossed my mind during the day of just going for a 200 press lol.

My right shoulder has now progessed in severity to where my left one was over a year ago. The pain goes from under my shoulder blade to across the rear delt, trap, clavicle, and upper pec. Basically the whole right side lol. Just breathing deep hurts! I was able to heal up the left shoulder by alternating, on a monthly basis, bench and BTNP as my main press move with the other being the accessory. I may need to switch to an upper/lower A/B type of program for a couple of months.
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote