Old 03-01-2010, 05:27 PM   #14
ehubbard
Raw/Multiply Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66 Points: 9,852, Level: 66
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
ehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beastehubbard is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mombow111 View Post
No one particularly renowned, I've just fallen into the schoolboy habit of citing when I paraphrase- the link to the article here, ripped directly from the sight http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/art...ines-work.html - If I wanted pure mass gain I'd follow it to a T but I also want some functionality out of my gain's which is why I attempted to intensify the entire deal. My goals ultimately are quite simple and commonplace I suppose, to gain strength on my all my lifts while gaining muscle mass- intrinsically why at least 70% of the people are in the gym in the first place. In terms of progress I do such things intuitively giving myself cut-off dates to break certain plateaus and if I still flunk I redistribute my workout concentrations and incorporate new techniques to do so. In terms of motivation, I simply enjoy pushing myself to my limits and I use these short-term goals as a vehicle to do so.
Yes, the problem with the 70% of people that you reference above is that those goals are not quantified, and more specifically they are not broken down into smaller short term goals. To be quite honest, the program matters much less than the effort put into it and the belief that what you are doing will work. But work towards what SPECIFICALLY is more of what I am getting at.
ehubbard is offline   Reply With Quote