Originally Posted by davidtran333
1. what's the best macros for building muscle and best diet for muscle building and lean gains
2. what's the best macros for losing body fat and what's the best diets for losing body fat, Keto, paleos , reducing calories slowly ? ,
3. what's the best macros for keeping body fat low and building muscle ?
There is no "best" or magic ratios. Here's my advice.
--Eat 180 to 250 grams of protein per day, based on your eating habits.
--Eat 25 to 40% fats, based on eating habits, health and age. Fast metabolisms may need to eat more fats to get calories. Carb sensitive folks may need to eat higher fats, etc.
--Fill in the rest with quality carb sources, using fruits, veggies and nuts first, then potatoes, etc.
1) Aim to gain 18 pounds during your first year, 12 during your second. Adjust calories as needed. This only works well if you are also trying to get Hulk strong and not missing workouts. This will add 2/3rds muscle, 1/3rds fat. This 10 pounds of fat you gain can be cut in 6 weeks, and behold...you are a beast!
2) Start high. Reduce very slowly, only as needed. If you are losing 1.5 pounds per week, make no adjustments. Ride it as long as you can.
While there is arguably no "best" diet for fat loss, low carb, or carb cycling diets have been around for decades and decades and are something everyone should try at least one during their lives.
3) There is no best. Best is personal and comes from years of personal experience.
I recommend eating 80-90% whole foods, and eating to satiety. This will keep your weight in check without counting calories.