Thread: Q&A with BBOD
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #41
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paleomonsta View Post
I watched your video on getting abs but what about the powerlifter and strongman who have decent abs, how do they stay in Ab form but get so massive? I'm new to this thread but recently started to do a powerlifting routine. Names billy, been lifting going on 8 years. Love any sport that is extreme and has to do with weight training.
Welcome to the forum Billy.

These strongmen and powerlifters have thick abs. Speaking personally, I can start to see my top two abs at 30% bodyfat. Their/our abs get massive through years of brutal work.

On the other hand, the 99.99% of "bros" who want abs have put in 2 weeks of less than brutal work, have no abs muscles, and even if they cut to 10% bodyfat will probably have a hard time seeing a six pack because there is nothing there to reveal.

If you head to a local bodybuilding competition you will see a lot of the mid-card guys are ripped, but you can barely see the outline of their abs. This is because they are on the smaller side.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links