sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotnotreally View Post
I was looking at some photos my sister had taken of me over the weekend that she posted on FB and I am appauled by how I look. I just do not feel that my body is in porportion as to how it should be. I just look at myself and feel that I could look so much better. Anyone else ever feel this way? And if so what do you do to make yourself feel better?
Take that picture and make some copies of it. Don't let it offend you, just realize that you don't want to see that anymore. That picture will be the start of a new beginning. Now take those copies, and put one in the kitchen, the gym bag, you desk at work, your nightstand, and your car. These are places where you need to make healthy decisions. Eat right, put the work in at the gym, don't use work as an excuse to snack outside your meal plan, get quality rest, and skip over the fast food while commuting. If you have any other places you know you're tempted to make poor decisions for your goal, more photos. I wrote "Eat Clean" on the back of my hand where I would see it while getting food in the chow hall. Guilted me into making better choices. Hope this helps.

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote