Old 02-28-2013, 06:16 PM   #8
ndrwdslv
Max Brawn
Points: 3,978, Level: 40 Points: 3,978, Level: 40 Points: 3,978, Level: 40
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Lactose-free Milk
ndrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machinendrwdslv is a lifting machine

Just got back from the gym.

I tried those wide stance squats today in place of front squats.
First set at 205lbs gradually went up to 225lbs on my fifth, which is now my PR.. and blows my mind I could do it.

Tonight's bigest brick wall were the OHPs.
Went up to 120lbs, I had to push press my first rep (which I didn't count) and then I had the momentum to do my reps.
OHP is now my hardest lift in the program.

Deadlifts, I did 1x3x290lbs which is 5lbs heavier than last session.
Stopped at three because my lower back was starting to thump, I expected it coming in since I had to shovel 2-3 feet of snow last night and this morning.
I was surprised at how quick it went up and didn't have any issues with grip or back rounding up. Hips weren't shooting early.. overall pleased.

And finally, the pull ups. Managed to do 3x5 with a 5lbs extra weight... progress! I'll take every bit on this one.

So it looks like I'll use that wide stance squat in the 5/3/1.. just wondering if I should do the 5/3/1 sets (big lift) on wide or narrow stance, and the other do 3x10.. probably make a thread if this isn't read lol
ndrwdslv is offline   Reply With Quote