Now, the main problems I have with doing SL5x5:
- It's hard to do a lot of running (I need to increase my speed/VO2)
- Lacks volume (personal thing)
The goal of this program is to still increase my strength, add volume and allow 2-3 intense running sessions.
I think I hit a lot of my problems with the accessory work too.
- Deficit Deadlifts -> Difficulty at the bottom.
- Good Mornings/Back Extensions -> Difficulty in the hole.
- Pull-ups/Push-ups -> Need to increase how many I can do.
As for the running sessions, my goal is to drop my 2.4km run from 11mins to a 9:45mins.
So I'm currently trying to do 2-3 sessions of speed/distance (5k) training, but with all the SL5x5 squatting, I'm not 100%.
Also, I'm hoping to use this template for at least the next year. Maybe rotate through the accessory work a bit, but not many changes.
Wendler 5/3/1 Template may not be final
Military Press 5/3/1
Close-Grip Bench Press 3x10
Dumbbell Shoulder Press 5x10-20
Deficit Deadlift 3x10
Dumbbell Rows 5x10-20
Barbell Bench Press 5/3/1
Incline Barbell Bench Press 3x10
Dumbbell Bench Press 5x10-20
Back Squat 5/3/1
Good Morning 3x10
Leg Press 5x10-20
Back Extensions 5x10-20