Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

First session of the new program tonight. Upper body strength.

Paused bench press with slingshot-
1st goal- work up to a max single
135x3
225x2
275x1
295x1
315x1 (barely got this, decided to stop here.)
2nd goal- 5x5
275x5
275x5
275x5
275x5
275x5

Opposing close grip pullups-
BWx5x5

Situp-
2 chains x10x10

Supersetted with wide grip curls-
45x10x10

Benching was a blast tonight! My sets actually got stronger as I got into my 3rd and 4th sets with 275, because I was getting a feel for both pausing and using the slingshot. You have to really control the bar when you pause with a heavy weight, especially when you're overloading with the slingshot. I've always known that your grip should be as tight as possible when benching, but tonight I actually felt the difference it made. Squeeze the bar, push the feet into the ground and push like your trying to throw the bar through the roof. I'm starting to get this powerlifting thing!

I had planned to finish with just situps, but I figured why the hell shouldn't I go ahead and through some curls in there too. I've figured out a trick with curls. At the bottom I push my elbows out in front of me slightly and squeeze my triceps, straightening my arms hard and stretching my biceps, then as I start the curl I bring my elbows back slightly. I had read about this trick on Tnation, and it WORKS! That slight little extra stretch easily doubles the pump I get during a set of curls.

I'm planning to do this superset of situps and curls 3 times a week, to strengthen my abs and, well, get some big ass arms. Nothing wrong with some vanity, right?
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote