dossas
Brawn
Points: 931, Level: 16 Points: 931, Level: 16 Points: 931, Level: 16
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 3ish
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: My squat rack
dossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributordossas is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainK View Post
Nice 400lb fronter Tanner! That was a good lift. Agreed
I am rubbish at front squats. Mainly as my mob sucks in relation to them, and thus have never really done much of them in angerr No chance of getting into a good clean poss and even with arms crossed I cannot seem to nail the poss. Best frontie is 140kg!
If I want to do something a bit more quad dominant than my meet back squat tech I just do high bar work.
140 kg front squat rubbish?? Really? I wish I could do that.

Anyhow, it took me some time to learn the front squat. I, personally like the clean grip, but I have to increase weight gradually as I warm up and keep stretching my wrists "back" and my elbows "up". Lack of flexibility here is really limiting for me in the front squat. In addition, these aren't a high rep exercise for me. I don't think I've seen any/much carry over from front squat to back squat.
dossas is offline   Reply With Quote