BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Just to add: I'm looking at my original comment, and your reaction to it. Presumably I'm one of the instances of telling you that you're full of shit. I'm looking at that I shouldn't be doing them. and wondering how you have come to that conclusion. If that's 'calling you out', I'm losing my touch, as it would be hard to imagine a milder way of doing it. But, hey, I guess what seems a playful nudge to one person is a punch in the gob to another.
Tann, I apoligize to you for being a bit jumpy. Like I said in the last post, I feel like the last 3 times I have tried to help and share my opinion, someone has jumped in to directly say I am full of shit, just because they do not share the same opinion. I am sorry that I let my frustration manifest itself in such a ridiculous manner.
The statement: " I've just learned that the cross-arm style is called 'California style' and that I shouldn't be doing them." came across as directed at me, and I took it wrong.
I do want to clariy, I didn't say that Tannhauser shouldn't do them cross armed. For the record, you are an accomplished lifter and I would be a belligerant ass too tell you you are doing something wrong. I wasn't and I am not.
However, what I am trying to do is tell a guy who is trying to learn the front squat that I think he should do them with the "clean grip" (or whatever one would call it). And I stand by that. I am of the opinion that there is benefits to front squating this way. Especially a new lifter.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote