View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #22
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Doggcrapp
Fav Exercise: Choking the Chicken
Fav Supp: Vodka and loose Women
BigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Just to add: I'm looking at my original comment, and your reaction to it. Presumably I'm one of the instances of telling you that you're full of shit. I'm looking at that I shouldn't be doing them. and wondering how you have come to that conclusion. If that's 'calling you out', I'm losing my touch, as it would be hard to imagine a milder way of doing it. But, hey, I guess what seems a playful nudge to one person is a punch in the gob to another.
Tann, I apoligize to you for being a bit jumpy. Like I said in the last post, I feel like the last 3 times I have tried to help and share my opinion, someone has jumped in to directly say I am full of shit, just because they do not share the same opinion. I am sorry that I let my frustration manifest itself in such a ridiculous manner.
The statement: " I've just learned that the cross-arm style is called 'California style' and that I shouldn't be doing them." came across as directed at me, and I took it wrong.
I do want to clariy, I didn't say that Tannhauser shouldn't do them cross armed. For the record, you are an accomplished lifter and I would be a belligerant ass too tell you you are doing something wrong. I wasn't and I am not.
However, what I am trying to do is tell a guy who is trying to learn the front squat that I think he should do them with the "clean grip" (or whatever one would call it). And I stand by that. I am of the opinion that there is benefits to front squating this way. Especially a new lifter.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote