View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #16
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Hi Josh

Apologies if that in any way came across as a personal criticism or rubbishing your view. That was not my intention. I certainly agree with the point that the cross arms grip is inherently more unstable than a clean grip. There is a tendency for the bar to tip one way or another - but I feel it's manageable.

However, for me, no matter how hard I tried I simply couldn't do the clean grip. I'm not sure why as I think I have decent flexibility. In the end it was a choice of either not doing them or using a cross grip. The OP may - or may not -be in the same position.

Like you, I'm offering my own perspective. If you say that that a particular grip shouldn't be used (initially without giving a reason), and I've had some success with using that grip, I don't see why I shouldn't point that out.

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote