BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCStrong View Post
Question One : What is the correct bar position? Even with light weight, I was killing my shoulders.

Question Two: What is a good target ration ( or typical ratio) of weight lifted on back versus front squats?
Example- Hypothetically,if I can lift 250 for 5 on low back then what should my goal be on front squats?
Signed,
Weak and confused in Texas
The correct bar position:
Chest up high, shoulders up high.
Damn near identical to a solid and proper power clean rack, although grip may be placed slightly different (wider,narrower).
Hands should be under the bar. A lot of people struggle with this due to a lack of tricep flexibility. (these are the same people who struggle with the OHP)
You don't necessarily have to have all your fingers under the bar. 2 or 3 on each hand will suffice(but as you work at it you will be able to get all your fingers around the bar). Note: there is a variant where you wrap your straps around the bar and hold on to straps. If you need more info, let me know.
Note 2: Don't do the california front squat variation. Just don't.

The bar should rest across the anterrior deltoids at the base of the neck. Be careful that the bar doesn't push to much on the neck, it can pass you out. However, it may push a bit.

To elaborate a bit more on the front squat, when you are coming out of the hole, focus on the que "chest up!". That's the key to the front squat. Lead with the chest.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote