Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

I've come up with a new training plan for my new training goals. I'm going to run this program for the next 5 weeks or so, while I wait to begin my next PH cycle. It's a 4 day a week program, 2 days of volume a-la German volume training, 2 days of 5x5 based strength training. Goal is to recomp, build size, and maintain strength.

Today I gave 10x10 training a try for the first time. Here's what went down-

BTN overhead press with chains-
45+30 for 10x10

Inverted close grip rows*-
BWx10
BWx10
BWx10
BWx8 (I realized here that I won't be able to keep doing sets of 10, so I decide to go to 7 reps)
BWx7
BWx7
BWx7
BWx7
BWx7
BWx7

Curls-
45x10x10

Supersetted with situps-
1 chain over my shoulders x10x10

*For these I hung 2 handles close to eachother from a single chain wrapped around my racked bar.

I like training like this! Of course, this is just a taste. GVT with overhead presses and curls is not the same as GVT with squats. I got a great pump, of course, and from what I've read hopefully I can get back some of the size I've lost by focussing purely on strength. I'm not going to cut for the moment. I'm going to keep my bodyweight around what it is now, then cut once I start my coming cycle of Pro-tren and Pro-halo.

Next training day will be Tuesday. Time to bust out the slingshot again!

Last edited by Soldier; 02-24-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote