View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #16
IainK
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Hard work in a can
IainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machine

Go with a decent mono. No other type of creatine has been shown to be more effective. Infact some look less effect aka CEE. It's highly biovailable so there really isn't much need to try and improve on uptake. The only thing that really limits uptake is having high creatine concentrations. Then you still need a good dose to get any in to reach some kind of peak concentration.

There isn't a need to do the 20g x 5 day loading phase. However any time you take creatine supps you are still doing a loading phase.

Once you've been taking for a week or two you can probably drop to taking a dose every other day or just on training days if you train 3 or more times a week.

I'd use decent doses though, and somewhat depenent on BW. If your up to 80kg then 5g dose will prob be enough. Bigger I'd prob go for more up to 10g for heavyweight guys.

In reality you cannot go too wrong with creatine supps. It's never going to have a large effect. Performance effects are likely to be below daily variation in performance. However for most it's gona be worth taking. Particulary as it's cheap. Think of it like a 'strength training vit'! Prob even more important to take if your a veggie or getting old.There some stuff that suggests it may support cognitive function in the elderly as well as strength.

Thats my take on it anyway.