View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 11:19 AM   #2
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
What, in your opinion, targets hamstrings better overall?
I think they are both good. It really depends on your individual anatomy.

For myself, I get a good stretch from SLDL, but feel a bit better glute involvement with RDL's.

RDL's are a little easier on my lower back. When I do BB bent rows I get a sort of RDL movement as part of my overall row.

When I train DL's I keep my weights such that I get good ham involvement.
Even when I'm going for pretty high % numbers, form is important. This is my current max Dl lift, from earlier this month. I know I could pull more, but my form would suck, and thats not part of what I'm working for.

I also spend time working a movement with no weight. I want to be able to isolate and feel the muscles that should be involved. Then add the weight, and see if I'm getting the proper usage from the lift. Gotta find the sweet spot between to little weight, and to much where you lose the focus.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote