View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 05:00 PM   #494
MikeM
Max Brawn

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Thanks fellas! I really appreciate the support!!

Today was awesome! I really feel like I've got deadlifts figured out. I mean not perfect, but really close. A lot of video today, sorry about that, but I'm really trying to get this thing sorted out. And I knowI'm on the right track because today was EASY. I squatted heavy 2 days ago and usually would not be 100% with deadlifts 48 hours later, but I was today. AND I do not feel any soreness in my lower back for now going on two deadlift sessions in a row. Usually my low back is dinged up by deadlifts. Not anymore. Very excited.

Oh, by the way went ahead and did the arm workout too JB. HaHa! That was a killer. I know you didn't intend it to be done all in one day like this, but I figured what the hell. Oddly enough it was my biceps that wore out way before triceps.
Took a picture afterward too. I was JACKED. Have to see if BtB can put it in my log for me as I don't know how to link pictures. Measured my flexed upper arm afterward too. 15.25 inches.

Anyway, enough rambling.

JBPP week 11 complete.

Warmups: some swings and a moment of silence.

Deadlift:
Speed: 3x 3x 275 (was a bit awkward trying to squeeze off the floor and yet go fast. Messed with my mind)
Regular: 3x 2x 315 ( haha. these were probably faster than the 275s!)

Giant Circuit:
Shrugs: 3x 10x 245 (hold at top and lower slowly, no body english)
Double Hammers: 3x 1 min. x 23DB ( Last set only 40 sec.)
Tricep Kickbacks: 3x 10x 23DB
Iso Curls: (2 x 23 haha, no way!) 3x 20x 10 lb plate
Band pressdown: 3x 20x med band

hamstring and arm stretches to finish.

First 275 set:
Second 275:
Third 275:
First 315 set:
Second 315:
Third 315:

There you go. I know it's not very heavy weight, but 315 is actually 85% of my best deadlift and I was toying with it today, so that's a good sign.

Bring on week 12! I'm back on track and feeling GOOD!

If I was picking second attempts JB, I'd be thinking something like 350 Squat, 260 bench, and 355 DL, but obviously I don't know what I'm doing, so I'm curious what you are going to recommend. Be interesting to see how close I am. haha.

All is good with the universe, long may that continue!

Should have some time to check out logs tonite too, sorry, been a slacker with that lately!

Have a nice weekend everybody!

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96

Last edited by MikeM; 02-22-2013 at 05:39 PM.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote