View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post

Do you know why powerlifters often look different to bodybuilders though? Thats what I was wondering. If this doesn't give us a reason as to why they look different, then what does?
Most don't look different. Not in the natural realm. Most top level non-natural lifters I know are jacked as well. In the AAS realm, bodybuilders look different because of cuts and chems - they take chems for size, and not strength. Big difference.

I work in the industry and have interviewed nearly every top natural in the game. I've spent time with everyone from Mr. NC to Mr. Minnesota.

I've talked to Doug Miller, and Shaun Clarida.

Top level natural powerlifters have just as much muscle mass as top level natural bodybuilders.

The only difference is bodyfat, and powerlifters don't bring up weak (small) muscle groups. They still have plenty of muscle. Let's look...

I am as big, or bigger than bodybuilder Marc Lobliner:

Yet here he looks like a monster compared to me. It's all bodyfat. Bodybuilding is an illusion.

Layne Norton...Natural freak right!

Layne Norton next to me:

Eric Broser:

Eric Broser next to me:

Me next to another massive natural:

My arms and forearms:

My back:

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-25-2013 at 11:20 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote