View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #3
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

[QUOTE=BendtheBar;327477]Did we? Or did we say it wasn't important in the grand scheme of things?

I don't recall saying the 2 different forms of hypertrophy were a myth. I recall saying that focusing on them was a waste of time in the grand scheme of things.

A myth that you could train in a certain rep range to achieve one or the other, that was what I meant by the myth, I know that both exist.

I agree exactly with what you said, and now my program is focused entirely on the basic things like you told me.
I do find this interesting however.

Do you know why powerlifters often look different to bodybuilders though? Thats what I was wondering. If this doesn't give us a reason as to why they look different, then what does?

I follow a guy on youtube called Elliot Hulse. Hes a powerlifter, he looks like a bodybuilder, but his muscles seem to be harder and more dense. I've noticed this with other powerlifters also.
Was just curious.
LindenGarcia18 is offline   Reply With Quote