MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Form looks excellent overall in your upper body, but your lower body position maybe could be improved.

Some things I see that might help you is using a bench that doesn't have that break where you hips sink down into it. A solid full length bench is better because you want to keep your knees lower than your hips. Tough enough to do that normally, but your hips are even lower because your hips are in that space between the pads so your knees have to be that much lower too.

Now this is probably influenced by that bench too, but it would help if you were to space your feet wider apart and not so tight to the bench. You're a large mammal and your shoulder blades are already way off the bench due to your physical size. When your feet are in too, you get more of that wobble in the bar as you press because your body is wobbling on the bench a bit. basically, you're balanced on your traps, hips, and feet right under your hips. It's like a boat or a bicycle, when everything is down the center it's easier to tip. More of a tripod or tricycle shape and it's more stable.

So, feet spread farther apart would stop that wobble, but might make it harder to get them lower than hips esp. with that funky bench.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote