View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #184
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Hi Tomsen,

Rows I am not a fan of that form of the more standing-type upright row. I've tried it, feel it puts too much pressure on the lower back, and doesn't target the upper back as much as bent over rows or Pendlay rows.

Bench press...you are loose, flat-backed and benching somewhat arms flared. I can see you moving a leg after unracking. A few set up improvements such as setting up with a tight back, keeping the body tight during the lift, and tucking your elbows a bit, would help with performance and shoulder health.

Squats...Right now you're doing more of a half squat which is very bad for the knees. Your knees are forward, making it also impossible to hit depth. Knees need to open a bit, and should generally track along the same angle as the toes. Toes should be natural, and not straight forward.

Don't get discouraged. You are making the same mistakes that most guys make at the start. We'll help you get these ironed out.

Here is a good place to start. We have a lot of videos and pointers on form. If you have questions on any specific lift, feel free to start a thread and we'll help all we can.

Exercise Form - Muscle and Brawn Forums

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 02-19-2013 at 10:50 AM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote