Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Decided to do something a little different today. I've been training movements mostly lately, focussing on powerlifting. Today I decided to change it up and take it easy on my body. Also, I'm losing some size in my mirror muscles, and. . .well, screw that. SO, today I did some bodybuilding training. Slow eccentrics, focussing on and keeping tension on the muscle. I did shoulders, back and bi's.

I still kept things simple though. No 40 different movements for me.

Landmine presses-
bar x12
15x12
25x12

Landmine rows-
bar x12
25x12
40x12

Landmine presses-
25x15
40x12
40x15

Landmine rows-
25x12
40x12
40x12

Curls-
45x12
45x12
45x9

Holy crap. I've been doing explosive movements for a while, training for performance. Today I got so much of a pump that I couldn't curl the bar for 10 reps on the last set.

For the landmine rows I put one end of the bar in a corner, then grabbed the other end and got to some pullin'. Again, bodybuilding style, so huge stretch and squeeze, and focussing on feeling my back and pulling from the elbow.

This session felt good. training like this lets me train every day, even though I don't have the energy to put into a full powerlifting session. And I'd be lying if I said that I don't want to keep some muscle along with my strength during this cut.

So I'll be doing this again, every now and then, when I don't feel up for training strength, and don't have some cardio planned.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote