Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Bench press day today. I'm quite sore today, all the way from the hips down, thanks to my run yesterday. It's quite annoying that running less than a couple miles makes me more sore than an intense squat session with thousands of lbs of volume, but that's what happens when you don't do something very often. I'll do some squats tomorrow, which should yield a good PR.

No PR's today. I wanted 305x2, but the first rep didn't feel great, so I let it stand alone. I'm not worried because, as you'll see, I was still able to get 315 for 1. For some reason my left arm was lagging today. That's not normally an issue for me, and hopefully it won't be again.

Bench press-
135x5
225x3
275x2
315x1
305x1
295x1
275x2

Paused bench press-
225x5
185x7
135x8

This was a more intense session than it may look on paper. I confirmed that, after losing 10lb and over 2 weeks of PCT, I'm still able to put up 315. When I got into the lighter weights for the paused presses I put a ton of focus on form and keeping my entire body tight, while getting a good push from the lower body when I started pressing. It felt good.

Once I finish my cut I'm going to switch to focus on paused press, since I'm pretty serious about starting to compete in the next couple years. For now I'm going to stick with touch and go, since it's what I'm used to and it'll give me a better idea of whether I'm maintaining my strength or not.

Considering that I went into this session already a little sore, I'm happy with the results. I think it was a little ambitious to expect a PR today. Maybe next time.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote