sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

I just recently saw your video, and I applaud you for not taking the easy way out, using your diagnosis as a reason to give up. The support I've seen in this thread alone should let anyone who read it know how strong the "family" here is, and how much respect and admiration you've earned from some of the elite members of the lifting community. Your accomplishments to date have been stellar, your dedication to the iron is inspiring, and your never back down attitude is infectious. You deserve to get better in a way that few have deserved anything before.

That said, if I received the news you had to begin with, and then someone came along with a solution for $4000, I would do the same thing. My first question would probably have been "Cash or Credit?"

I can't wait to see how this pans out. Best wishes from South-West Asia, and I'll be watching this thread and your log for inspiration in my own life.

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote