View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 03:58 PM   #48
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast
Default Thursday, 2/14

I'll start posting my warmup sets, too. I use them to decide how to train on a given day or as indicators that I need to adjust my routine. I do not include my warmup sets in my total volume. The warmup sets are in brown because F you and your primary colors

DL is just a repeat of my last workout. I'm going to stick with this routine (3x5 DL + moderate volume front squat) for a while, and I want it to feel more familiar before I add weight.

I felt so fresh on inclines today, fresher than I felt on DL. Everything felt light, my form was excellent (I pause for all upper body pressing movements all the time, btw), and I felt like I had endless stamina. The high volume training/daily pressing is definitely paying off. 135 felt incredibly light, lighter even than it felt on flat bench the other day. I only did 4 x 7 to limit myself; I might've been able to get 6 x 10 x 135, but I'm trying to stay fresh so that I can keep my near-daily frequency up. There's something about maximizing # of days in the gym that seems beneficial to me right now, like I'm greasing the groove.

Lower Body Total = 9,725 lbs.

Deadlift = 4,725 lbs.

8 x 135
4 x 225
2 x 315
1 x 365

a*) 3 x 5 x 315

*I decided to increase my rests and time them. I'll use 3 mins. This workout was not difficult, and I didn't struggle with any reps. I could easily add more weight and not struggle. That said, bar speed is still pretty slow. My immediate goal for DL right now is to get comfortable handling 315. I want to be able to blast it up before I add weight.

Front Squat = 5,000 lbs.

8 x 90
a*) 10 x 115/135/115/135

*All sets were much easier than last time, and I felt more comfortable with the form. I think the groove is setting in I'll probably add weight next w/o.

Incline Bench* = 10,380 lbs.

10 x bar
8 x 95
4 x 135
2 x 165

a) 4 x 7 x 135
b**) 10 x 105/110/115/105/110/115

*My immediate goal for inclines is to grow out my tris and upper chest. I will probably be going for high volume for quite a while and reserve heavy weight/low volume for flat bench.

**105 felt like the bar, that's how fresh I felt today. I was tempted to add a lot of weight, but I resisted. I really want to feel fresh tomorrow, too. I compromised by doing a 3-step pyramid (+5 lbs. each step) two times. It's another little Pavel trick, comrade

Last edited by SecondsOut; 02-14-2013 at 05:50 PM.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote