Thread: program for me?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 10:27 AM   #25
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
I am not sure that doing BB Rows before deadlifts is optimal for the long term health of your bicep tendon. During the rows you are shortening your bicep muscles and you follow that up with lengthening the bicep with typically much heavier weights when you deadlift. I would do the dl's first and then rows after. I also would try and avoid doing much for the bicep on any deadlift day.

Also, what is the purpose of squat lockouts and how will these be performed?
i never thought that indepth, lol.... very good point about the bicep tendon... i have had problems in the past with it.

****, just realized i updated it to put curls in on deadlift day.... i'll change this now.

The reason for squat lockouts is to get used to more weight on my back. Also i've heard they strengthen your tendons. i will do them by doing a partial squat from the pins.... they wont be preformed every week, maybe once every month or so.... at most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwys61 View Post
This split looks optimal. I would not do any back movements on bench day, so that its not compromised on squat day
alright i took them out.
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)