Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Bummed to hear about your deadlift woes Ben. This article by Steve has helped me alot:

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/art...ng-points.html

I would keep things simple by building a strong upper back. Get stronger by maybe doing triples and some fivers. Maybe deadlift every 2nd week. A strong squat will also likely build the deadlift up. Last but not least, fly to Wisconsin for some coaching. If that's not possible, try to look up some powerlifting crews/teams/feds in your area. The Crew has been a godsend to my lifting. There are some members who drive for 4 hours one way to train with them.It's that priceless.

Other than that, work hard and never give up in your pursuit of greatness. It will come to those who really want it.
This was freaking awesome. Romanian deads are something i could do more of,same with cleans and power shrugs.I dont know about doing snatch or deficits since my back tends to round,however whatever the case may be,a very generous person emailed me the Cube ebook! So i will begin proper programming as soon as i get back to my regular computer!

No powerlifting crews close enough for me,but im always on the lookout. Be well Jim.

Wed Feb 13th
Speed Bench

Optimum Nutrition beta alinine pre-workout stuff an hour before.

Speed bench w/ face pulls to warm up.
Ring finger on ring.
About 90 seconds rest between sets,didnt bother to time too much tonight.

135lbs 2x3
140lbs 5x2

I have been doing these with mostly close grip,and had to cut my sets since my shoulders started getting irritated.On the plus,form and speed felt great,albeit heavy for just 54%

Dumb(ell) bench w/ slight incline
70lbs for a few sets
I barely got these locked out.Huh.

Ezbar medium grip upright rows
120lbs 2x10
Video later

Good old fashioned pushups,hammer curls,neck,rotator cuff,and core work.

BPI aminos post training.Still have a bagfull of goodies,mostly stims,i need to use.

Thats all folks.All advice/criticism/praise/bitching is welcome here!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links