Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Thanks btb. I'm very happy with how things are going so far.

Bodyweight today after work was 229, below 230 for the first time in a few weeks now. I ate 800 calories and 10g of carbs during breakfast and lunch, then came home and trained, after which I ate 850 calories and 97g of carbs.

Training was not intense. I just did enough to jusitify the carbs and keep some weight in my hands. I'm also trying to put lots of effort into my situps, hopping down to the floor every now and then for another set. I've used greasing the groove in the past with pushups with awesome success, so I need to bear down and keep pounding the situps as often as possible.

Here's the training I did-

Deadlift-
135x5
225x5
295x3
345x3
395x3

Pullups-
5 sets of BWx5-10

After watching my video the other day of myself deadlifting, I made sure to focus on getting my butt down a bit more and retracting my scapula before beginning the pull. It felt solid, but I'm just exhausted tonight so I couldn't go too super heavy.

I liked the programming though. Yesterday I did squats and bench, then today I did deads and pullups. It feels very good, sort of like a push/pull full body split. Tomorrow I don't have to report to work until 9, because I had to stay late today, so I'm going to sleep in a little, then tomorrow after I get off I'll be doing some sort of cardio.

So far the diet is going extremely well. I get hungry during the day, but I'm busy so it's no big deal. Then, after training, I get to eat plenty of food including carbs, so the evenings aren't hard to deal with, and I'm really not hungry at all.

The key to dieting and cutting fat is to eat at home, and only eat food you have to prepare. It's as simple as that. Don't eat out, and don't eat anything you have to open a package to get to. If people did that and drank primarily water, then they would be shocked at how easily they could lose weight and feel better.

Right now I've eaten less than 1700 calories for the day, so I'm gonna go eat some more food!
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote