Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: the one that doesn't hurt
Fav Supp: Milk
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Steve's comments are very good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
my goals are simple there are just to build size and strength
Not always so simple... What I learned is that you have to pick ONE goal and kill it.

If you pick strength, you will gain some size, but most likely only when you break through a prior strength limit.

If you pick size, you may gain nominal strength, but will, by the nature of bodybuilding, not be able to use weights that push your strength significantly.

I think strength is the better pace to start (and it's generally a simpler routine). Then after a period, use the increased strength to bodybuild with bigger weights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leefarley View Post
i am not going to be a competitive bodybuilder or a powerlifter
Start thinking longer term...you are both and still have to beat your own records to advance! That's the hardest competition there is! Sometimes, training for an imagined "competition" is a motivator. Set a deadline for size, and weight and it may help you to stay motivated.

For example: "My raw PL total will be over 1000 by dd/mm/yyyy." Or: "I will add an inch to arms & calves and 2 inches to thighs by dd/mm/yyyy."

Warning: You still win or lose, even if there is no one else around.