Old 02-13-2013, 03:53 PM   #1212
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Solid work JT. Watch your elbows. They look like they are flying. Try to tighten then down and lock them. It may help unround your upper back, and squats might feel better.

Keep getting stronger!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Agree with Steve: get that upper back locked (I have the same issue sometimes) and push knees out.
Cheers. Ye upper back is fairly loose, pretty sure that would of shown up a lot more in the next few weeks so good calls there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Nice work! Hitting PBs all over the place.

Hope you fell better soon.
Thanks Mike, almost there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Your eating and lifting,but Katy Perry doesnt help your squats.Carb load ftw!
Haha, going through my head I'd say it was more like early 90's death metal. If I was to stick with the gym radio I'd probably just do curls every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
you said your knees came in a bit? i'm sure you were pushing your legs out. did it feel like a "bad" coming in, like you were buckling? could it have just been, like, a natural response to the load but not anything that actually affected your stability?
Nothing bad with the knees coming in, I didn't feel it at all it was just something I noticed on the video, squats all felt light and fairly fast. It's something that happens when I use raised heels, I could probably turn my toes in a touch and it would be fine. I stopped using heels for this reason last year but thought I'd give them another try after an injury and building up with lighter reps, they're better this time round but some more experimentation needed.

It would be nice to be training back in my garage so I could get a decent front angle and have a camera set up permanently to pick the little things up.

13/02/13 - Dead & Press

Sumo w/Belt
180kg x 4 @7
190kg x 4 @8
190kg x 4 @8.5

Military
55kg x 6 @7
60kg x 6 @8
60kg x 6 @8
60kg x 6 @9

Long day, feeling a little better.

Going through the motions really, sumo's felt real good again though. Switched some stuff around so had a few heavy lower sessions in a row but lighter ones for the next 2.