sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

I should start taking notes of the hate received in my log book. I'm surrounded by crossfitters, everyday curl in the mirror people, and "toners", who have no idea why I'm dripping with sweat after my squats. They can't fathom what benefit you could possibly get from just picking the bar up off the floor. And forget trying to explain to them that I didn't need to do 16 sets of the same exercise to get stronger. I've given up on even responding to their comments about how bad it is to squat ATG. And I may be "small" in MAB, but I still get comments about how I could lose some fat if I would do their Acme Miracle Workout.

It fuels me.

Personal tips that I've learned along my still short journey:

Leave your ego at the door.
Prepare. Showing up dehydrated, hungry, and tired will guarantee failure.
Be ready to fight for that grinder of a PR.
Listen and learn. Absorb everything you can, and assimilate that knowledge.

Top Gym lifts:
Squat: 415lbs
Deads: 440lbs
Bench: 315lbs
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote