jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
So its pancake day today, and i've been doing great with my food recently.
Nothing bad at all, just good, clean food.
Today though, I couldn't resist Ice Cream and pancakes, and I feel really bad for eating them.
It also then dawned on me how much I was eating throughout the day.
3000 calories.
I looked in the mirror, and I defiantly looked like i'd put weight on. Not loads, but a bit.
My goal is to be strong, big, and ripped. I feel now that i've started in the wrong way and should've cut.
I dont have a six pack, and my abs are becoming less visible now that I've started working out.

I feel as though I should cut back, shed some of the fat, and get own to a low body fat percentage, and THEN do a clean bulk.
If not I feel as though when I look at myself at the end of the year, Im going to be pleased that i've made good gains, but displeased that they're covered by a load of fat, that I then have to spend ages cutting off.
Were also going on holiday for 2 weeks, which makes it impossible for me to do my 5x5, and means the only thing I could do is cardio.
It seems a good opportunity, to cut back a bit, so that when the years over, I might be able to see my abs.

What do you think?
I'll try post a picture later, not working right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindenGarcia18 View Post
Abs are the least of my concerns really, I was just thinking ahead to my overall physique, and wondering how I was going to get there, and get a ripped body, if I just kept consuming calories above maintenance. Could you explain it?
I kinda got the idea you were worried about abs from the above......

.....either way if you want a physique of a 185lb shredded guy you need to eat his diet in my opinion. If he needs to eat 4000 cals to maintain that size then it only stands to reason that you would need to eat that as well to get there. You could start with a little less at first but my recomendation at your size is over will be more beneficial than under to reach your goal.
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote