MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Thanks SB! I wish I was as dialed in as you!

Bit of a tough day, not sure why as I felt great. Squats were just a little off for some reason. I did do them without knee sleeves or wrist wraps, but I don't think that affected anything.

JBPP week 10

warmups: hip and leg stuff, not enough probably

Tired a new warmup ladder that Lilly recommends. Didn't really work for me as I normally hit more in between weights. That first work set was rough!

Squat:
warmups:
barx 10
135x 5
185x 5
225x 3
275x 2

5x 2x 315

That was it for the day, saving the legs and back for some better deadlifts this week!

First double was rough, second was best of all, but didn't video that one, typical, third I misgrooved the second rep, and last set was just SLOW. In fact all of them felt a little slow, I usually have more pop than that. weight wasn't bad, just not totally in the game today.

First double:
Third:
Fifth:

OK, so I changed some things up and maybe not surprisingly had a bit of a rough time. However, on the flip side, I was able to get all the work done and it was some practice at getting the job done when things are not always going your way. For example warming up this way at a meet with all those other hammerheads being in the way is easier as you can share a bar easier with just plate and quarters for warmups. Also if I do a 100% RAW meet, they don't allow sleeves or wrist wraps.

There you go. Decent day, especially as I like being able to handle 315 anytime under any circumstances. That was my original goal when I started powerlifting. HaHa, now I want to do that with 405!

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote