View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #5
LindenGarcia18
Max Brawn
Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61 Points: 8,417, Level: 61
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: One arm dumbbell rows.
LindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beastLindenGarcia18 is a lifting beast

I workout at home, and doing barbell squats is next to impossible at the moment until I get a squat rack.
I do goblet squats, I also watched the Dan John videos and articles.
They seem ok for now, but as soon as the weight starts to increase as you get stronger, I feel I'm going to seriously damage my wrists.
Also I think it depends what type of legs you'd like to have. Even though barbell squats are a staple for just about every athlete looking for some form of leg development, sprinters for example do allot of plyometrics.
Jump squats for example, and They have pretty good muscular looking legs.

Also bulgarian split squats are good too if you only have dumbbells.

While nothing will replace the effectiveness of the barbell squat, there are alternatives for the time being that will give you some results In my opinion.
I think you should try your best to get access to a barbell and a squat rack though while your doing this, thats what I'm trying to do at the moment, I've more or less just started out weightlifting. The equipments really expensive if your at home thats the problem.
LindenGarcia18 is online now   Reply With Quote