themaster2981
Max Brawn
Points: 3,153, Level: 34 Points: 3,153, Level: 34 Points: 3,153, Level: 34
Activity: 29% Activity: 29% Activity: 29%

Training Exp: 3 years serious
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: All
Fav Supp: Creatine Mono
themaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beastthemaster2981 is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by begota View Post
First day deadlifting since I messed up my back. Everything went well. I didn't get a chance to hit the gym last week, so I have only lifted once a week, since my injury, so far. I've been using a program I like, but I have changed some exercises. The same program I ran before (in the beginning of this log). I have changed the seated overhead press with Military press, and I'm using close grip bench instead of triceps extensions. Other than that I just changed the variations given, for the ones I haven't done. ie. barbell curl for dumbbell curl.

So today went something like this. I backed the weight wayyyy down so I can get used to lifting without incurring any injury.

Deadlift -
3 reps @ 225
3 reps @ 225
3 reps @ 225
I am glad I dropped the weight down. I had to rest a good bit to get that last rep in. I almost let it go at 2, because I was scared that I would hurt myself as I was feeling a little weak.

Military Press -
4 reps@ 95
4 reps@ 95
0 reps@ 95
Last time I did this at 115, so I thought I could easily hit the rep ceiling of 8, but I was very wrong. Only two sets of four, and I was done.

Bent Over Rows -
8 reps @ 95
8 reps @ 95
My arms were on fire and I wanted to go light, so I didn't load the bar although 95lbs. was way too light.

Incline Bench Press -
8 reps @ 95
8 reps @ 95
I just kept the bar the same since my arms were beat. I normally did incline bench first so my numbers were always much higher since I was always fresh, but I liked the way I did this today and I am glad I didn't over do it.

Barbell Curl -
8 reps @ 60
4 reps @ 60
I was pretty sure I would knock out two sets of eight, but I got considerably weaker fairly quick.

All in all a good workout. I let the Mrs. borrow my headphones so I didn't have my focus that I am used to. I also haven't had any pre w/o in a while, although I found a 5 hour energy in the fridge and slammed that before I went. My weight is going down and I believe I am at 235 +/-... I just had to get my portions under control, and actually eat healthy clean foods.
Begota, great work, slow and steady and you will win.

"Move me out of the away so that someone else can lift": Ed Coan after injuring himself during a squat attempt of 970 lbs in 2002

POWERLIFTING - ABSOLUTE POWER
themaster2981 is offline   Reply With Quote