Thread: Where to start?
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #11
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post

Where is all this coming from Offroad?
From many, many trainers that are way more experienced than myself. From guys like, and starting with, Iron Addict all the way up to Dave Tate and many of the Elitefts crew, and many more in-between. And from my own experience with my son. I can say without a doubt that it has worked wonders for his confidence and his form is really good now that we've started being progressive with the barbell movements. There was almost a zero learning curve when he started doing the big lifts.

We tell new lifters every day that the most basic stuff works best. There's nothing more basic than doing a push-up, they do them all the time in Physical Education classes and at home in their bedrooms. We tell new lifters every day that strength training is not a sprint but marathon. Spending a month or two getting good at the bodyweight movements is but a drop in the bucket of training time. I know it's not a popular opinion among the [more] hardcore crowd, but that really doesn't bother me much.

Last edited by Off Road; 02-11-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links