View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
MikeM
Max Brawn

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Yeah, all in one session. Here's the thing. When you're new, you're not lifting as much weight so 3 sessions a week like that is mangeable, especially if you have a heavy day, a light day, and a medium day. And you could even work it so you squat heavy one day, bench heavy the second, and deadlift heavy the third. I started out with something similar to that.

However, as you get stronger, the workouts take a lot longer since you are going to higher weights. And your body is getting hammered physically, so recoveryand even motivation is now going to be an issue.

Also, you'll begin to notice things particular to yourself such as I noticed pressing OH more than one a week was pretty darn hard on my shoulders, benching and squatting more than twice a week wasn't allowing for recovery and those lifts progression slowed way down. And deadlifting heavy from the floor more than once every couple of weeks doesn't work for me either.

Once you realize those things, you need to listen to your body and adjust your program to what works for you.

A good way to start out would be doing all the exercises in each day for 2 highish rep work sets one day at 100% one day at 90%, and one day at 70% or less. Do that for a couple months and log it. Keep an eye out for what's working and what's not. Then tweak as you go along.

Check out Kuytrider's log. He's doing something very similar right now.

Good luck!

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96

Last edited by MikeM; 02-10-2013 at 05:36 PM.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote