View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 05:59 PM   #6
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Doggcrapp
Fav Exercise: Choking the Chicken
Fav Supp: Vodka and loose Women
BigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite memberBigJosh is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
I'm thinking of changing up my deadlift day. Lately, I've been closing with a few back off sets with something ~50% 1-rm for 3-4x10. I'm thinking of keeping the first part of my deadlift routine (probably 5x5 or something else in the < 40 rep range) and then closing with front squats.

My goal here would be to not break down my lower back with too much volume on DL but still get a moderate-volume leg workout with the front squats. Back squat would still have its own day, of course. Does this even make sense? I haven't used front squats as a major part of my routine before.
I do this exact thing and think it works great.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote