View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:41 PM   #23
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Because she was.

She was not a normal model.
I have a different opinion. . .

Starbuck was the goddess Athena.

Reasons:
1. She said, "My name is Kara Thrace, you may call me "God."

2. The tomb of Athena pointed the way to Earth, after Starbuck brought forth the arrow of Apollo. Starbuck eventually led them to Earth.

3. Since there was a tomb, obviously Athena had died [at least once] before.

4. Athena was the goddess of tactical war and Starbuck was a brilliant battle planner.

5. Admiral Adama always referred to Starbuck as being like a daughter. In one episode he said, "I know exactly who you are, you are my daughter." Adama's daughter in the original series was named Athena.

6. Starbuck was always worshiping the gods, especially Artemis (Zac?).

7. Athena, Artemis, and Apollo were the offspring of Zeus (Adama?).

8. She physically interacted with humans like the polytheistic gods were reported to do, while the angels of the "one true God were simply ghosts.

9. The writers were always vague but made sure to include all the world's religions; mono-theistic and poly-theistic alike. There was even a Buddha in Adama's quarters. They even included the "Force of Nature" theory that most scientists are fond of. The writers didn't want any simple answers so it's entirely possible for the poly-theistic gods to be just as real as the mono-theistic one in the Battlestar world.

10. Starbuck was the Harbinger of Death, the piece that is set into play to make sure they repopulate another world and start the cycle of death and destruction again.

11. Final scene when Adama flew off to his hilltop (Olympus?) there was a scene with Adama, Apollo, and Starbuck. Soon after Starbuck disappeared. Possibly a reference to the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

All this has happened before, all this will happen again. . .

Last edited by Off Road; 02-09-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote