Thread: Creechur's Log
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #63
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creechur View Post
I've never thought of it that way. Is it worth the trade-off of using straps rather than holding the bar yourself to do the heavier rows?

Yes, absolutely. I never row without straps. With straps I could row more than 120 pound dumbbells for 10 reps. With them I did 265 for 10 reps last year. Same for barbell rows.

Using them will allow you to build back strength in ways not possible without them. this will help your deadlifts and overall grip strength.

The only time I do strapless is on the platform, and I can pull 700 pounds easy.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote