View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast
Default Thursday, 2/7

Felt tired again today, but not as tired as Tuesday. My legs felt better before the workout. Even though I'd eaten my 3rd meal not long before I started lifting, it had already been digested, so I was lifting on an empty stomach, which made me feel even more exhausted. Felt a bit dehydrated, too. I was surprised to feel hungry and thirsty because, as you can see from my logs, I never lack for calories. Guess my metabolism is high right now.

Deadlift* = 9,000 lbs.

a) 10 x 210
b) 10 x 230
c) 10 x 250
d**) 10 x 210

*The warmup sets felt ridiculously heavy. I actually had trouble standing up with 365, which I usually blast through.

**I was gonna do a Pavel Tsatsouline-style progression where you cycle through the weights a couple times (210, 230, 250; 210, 230, 250). I knew that I could force my way through the last two sets, but it felt like a better idea to end at set 4. I didn't have the stamina that I've had for the past couple months, and I didn't want to grind through the workout. I think I need to take the next few workouts to deload lower body.

Incline Bench = 6,785 lbs.

a*) 10/10/10/10/10/9 x 115

*Just didn't have that last rep on the last set. Had to lower the bar to my lap and then to the floor. This workout should've been doable if not easy, so it's safe to say it's time to deload upper body, too.

I've been eating plenty, and my muscles don't feel overly sore, so I'm pretty sure that only leaves my CNS as the problem (although I've been getting less than 8 hrs. sleep recently). Next workout I intend to go even lighter than the last two, like maybe 3 x 10 x 135 squat and 3 x 10 x 115 flat bench. Both of those numbers are below 50% 1-RM for me, so it's very light.

Diet

SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote