View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #2805
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
"Donít Be A 165 Pound Weakling Ė A Rally For The Strong" by miked96 is what brought me here. Can't even remember what I typed in in Google, but I saw that article pop up on this site, so I checked it out.

I've wasted so much time thinking the way he describes in the article: worried about getting fat, thinking I can make serious gains with what I thought was "good nutrition" (but never enough calories), and thinking there's something wrong with me when I improve so little over so much time. I'm tired of it, and I don't care any more. I just want to get big and strong, and I'll do whatever it takes to get there.

I've made a lot of progress in the past 6 months by just getting in lots of volume and eating whatever felt right. I'm going to start a journal here, and I'll post all my workouts and my FitDay diet logs. As you'll see, I no longer pussyfoot around with calories (and my bf% hasn't even gone up much).

Just wanna thank miked96 for posting that article, man. I think about it every single day. I finally feel like I'm on the right track.
Welcome aboard.

I hope you will consider starting up a training log. Make yourself at home.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."