MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

I hope so KD. I'm paying for it today. I feel like I got beat by monkey swinging a bag of rocks! I mean everything hurts. I need to rolling pin my whole body.

Thanks Jim. I think I could maybe have hit 385 with a better ramp up. But 405is close for sure. That's really cool. It's funny, getting to 315 was a lot harder to get too than 405 seems to be. Weird.

Thanks Elite. Nice to know I'm not alone with those pesky deadlifts. And I actually love doing them too. You'd think they'd how some love back to me for goodness sake!

You should take a good chunk of the credit JB! We did the work, sure, but I for one was floundering around a little aimlessly and would not be hitting these numbers without the directions you provided. And I am learning a lot about how periodization is making it easier when it comes time to hit singles again.

Next routine I do is going to have a big volume component for sure.

Yeah, good idea JB about easing up on the squats and see how that affects the deadlifts. I've been so focussed on squats for the last year, maybe I need to shift that a little bit the other way now.

How about working in some Sumos too? To save the back a little more? Just thinking out loud. Let me know what you think.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote